The definition of bullying as stated on stopbullying.gov is unwanted, aggressive behavior among school aged children that involves a real or perceived power imbalance. The behavior is repeated, or has the potential to be repeated, over time. The website goes on to state “bullying can threaten students’ physical and emotional safety at school and can negatively impact their ability to learn.”
It is recommended to build bullying prevention material into the curriculum and school activities. Train teachers and staff on the school’s rules and policies. Give teachers, staff and students the skills to intervene consistently and appropriately.
The resources found here can help you provide this awareness and training in your school.
Titles in this Category
- 121 Strategies for Bully Proofing Your School by Erika Shearin Karres, Ed.D.
- Becoming Someone's Hero by Sandy Ragona
- BFF: Be Friendship Focused by Kristine Rose Grant MA LMFT
- Black Girl Blues by Carolyn Strong, M.Ed.
- Bullying in the Girls' World with CD: A School-Wide Approach to Girl Bullying by Diane Senn, Ed.S., LPC
- Bullying Prevention: Cyber Bullying (Poster) (English)
- Bullying Prevention: Physical Bullying (Poster) (English)
- Bullying Prevention: Social Bullying (Poster) (English)
- Bullying Prevention: Taking Action (DVD) (English)
- Bullying Prevention: Taking Action (DVD) (Spanish)
- Bullying Prevention: Taking Action (Handbook) (English)
- Bullying Prevention: Taking Action (Poster) (English)
- Bullying Prevention: Verbal Bullying (Poster) (English)
- Empower a Child, Change a Life by Terry Centrone
- Girl Games
- Resiliency Thumball
- How to be a Bully... NOT! by Marcia Nass MS
- How to be a Bully... NOT! Card Game by Marcia Nass MS
- Kicky, the Mean Chick, Learns Her Lesson by Erika Shearin Karres, Ed.D.
- Mean Girls: 101 1/2 Creative Strategies and Activities for Working with Relational Aggression by Kaye Randall, LISW-CP & Allyson Bowen, LISW-CP
- Princess Priscilla and the Bully-Bee Day by Stephanie Jensen
- Relational Aggression in Girls by Jamie Kupkovits, Ed.S., NCSP
- Salvaging Sisterhood by Julia V. Taylor
- Stop Bullying Thumball
- The Bully by Rita Toews
- The Bully, The Bullied and Beyond by Esther Williams